Monday, December 05, 2005

Coffee brewing

Short of experimenting with my girlfriends slow cooker for brewing coffee, I can't think of another way to experiment with taste and brewing temperatures. I'm going to start design a coffee maker on the go for the coffee pods.

So Senseo's design is covered by patents. Mellita has another one cup brew. So there must be some wiggle room in Senseo's patents.

I need a heating element to heat up the water, sensor for monitoring the temperature, a steam pump to send the hot water through the pod at pressure, and of course the travel aspects of brewing a hot cup of coffee.

Steam pump, not for a locomotive engine, but for a coffee maker. That's my area of research now. I guess it doesn't need to be steam, just hot water between 195 and 205°& F. Don't want coffee soup.

If liquid is compressed doesn't it cool? Is there another way to create pressure? Have to refresh on Thermodynamics. ugh. More research to do..

No comments: